Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Faux Farm



Sometimes a house dictates what it wants to look like. My ranch house told me it wanted to be a farmhouse more than a cottage. I think in my heart I wanted a little farmhouse too - one full of cottage style with a touch of whimsy. I think I've achieved my goal on the outside. At night when I drive up - the solar caps on the fence posts lining my driveway wink at me as if to chuckle about the house's new look. A neighbor stopped by last evening as I was watering my plants. She wanted to know if I just moved in the neighborhood. I refrained from laughing. I've lived here thirty years. She loved the girl pulling the cow and wanted to know where to buy one. Shhh. I'll never tell. I don't want to ruin the neighborhood with too much silliness. My house has enough for all to enjoy.

Below are some photos of what we look like with our facelift!



Street view
 
 
 
Garden Lady
 
 

 
 
One of five Knock Out Rose bushes
 
 


 
Lady on wall by front window
 
 
 
 
Crusty metal flower hung on chimney
 
 
 

 Front door - new awning
 
 
 
Back gate, outhouse shutters, hen house, and egg sign!
 
 
 
 
And just as you were saying, how tastefully whimsical - Elsie appears in front of my gas meter!
 
 
I think I'll stay put for awhile!

 

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful and makes me smile. I loved it that the lady thought you must have just moved in because your place looks different.

    I love all of the whimsy.

    Love and hugs from my cottage in the heat and humidity of the tropics to your farmhouse north of here.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete