Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Plan B


Plan B  I am back to dreaming big! Just a pretty picture as a reminder that the cottage in my mind lives on!



Sometimes I get so carried away thinking the universe is pointing me in a different direction, to change my life, I confuse myself.  It's not really a senior moment on my part, but a big blip in how I see things in my excitement to do something new.

My messages, signs, desires, all seem to revolve around houses. No matter how I try - I can't exorcise the thought I want to move. No matter what I do, I stay put.

I even spoke to a therapist the first of the year to talk about change.

She was kind. She told me my house fantasy, the big old house with a huge farm table in the kitchen, or the sweet 1800's cottage with lots of rooms and gingerbread trim, had nothing to do with houses, but something more I wanted.

I challenged her with the fact it is an old fantasy, since I was young.

After three sessions, I realized I was having too much fun paying money to have someone listen to my fantasy with undivided attention. I was tossing money away because there is no cure for my house dreams. I love old houses, I love antiques, and yes, she was right. It has so much more to do with how I see life in a new place.

Would I be different?  Probably not. I would be me supercharged. And maybe that is the answer to my never ending question. Why do I want to move? I would be me on steroids in a new house rather than the me that has slowed down. The truth is, if I don't get my other hip fixed, I will be sitting in a new house just like I am here. The answer for the moment is to take care of my health and then figure out what is next. A year of being slowed down in what I do has made me think a quick fix is a move.  Don't ask me how I planned to move 3000 square feet of treasures I love, the packing alone staggering. But in my mind, to get to my dream home . . . easy peasey!

As it turns out, the universe has sent me a sign to stay put, or at least not to move to the little yellow house in Athens.  A house that would make me downsize, which was not my plan, but I got caught up with how charming it was! And I am a sucker for charm!

The house in Athens turned out to have a bit of bad Karma surrounding it. I don't know how things got so strange, but the folks did not want to honor my offer after we all signed it. They put it back on the market while I thought I was selling my house to buy theirs. All has ended well, we've mutually dropped the entire thing and I am here, as always, wondering where I should move!

There is a hint of fall in the air this morning, clearing my head. Plan B goes into action. I love fall. I love to nest in with my dogs, snuggle and watch TV. This fall I may have surgery on my right hip. Then I will be bionic woman with two new hips and a good stride to my walk.

I plan to up my writing and reach out close in to see if I can supercharge myself here in Decatur. Be more than I am in the house I keep trying to leave. Time will tell.

My dreams are still big and perhaps soon I will find my answer to the eternal question of where do I want to live. In the mean time, I will share photos of the houses that haunt me at night on Zillow but elude me during the daylight when I go about hiding from the world just how crazy I am.

Crazy for houses, crazy for dogs, and crazy about life, where ever I root!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Barbara ~ Well, that little ranch was not meant for you, something much better will come along, or, you'll fall in love all over again with where you are. :-) Life may not be better, happier, or more fulfilling in a new home. Dreaming is fun though, and we looked at our fair share of houses online in your state and in NC.

    Oh my gosh 3000 sq ft of treasures to move. YIKES! That right there would stop me in my tracks. My little cottage is roughly 675 sq. ft. and then there's the workshop, and other outbuildings. A lot of things in those buildings I could get rid of and not have to move. Still the move would be daunting.

    Right now, I think I'd be very lost and depressed if I moved. Plus, this little place is paid for and there's no way I could replace what I have for the price I would get.

    I am learning contentment right here, trying to figure out how to take care of things on my own and taking it one day at a time.

    I hope your recent hip remodel is doing well and that the next one will go smoothly.

    Enjoy each day in the sweet cottage complete with a picket fence and 6 sweet dogs, and wonderful, colorful antiques that you live in.

    Have a great week ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete